About Me

My photo
Drifting through life...

Monday 30 January 2012

Health Kick

Following a recent conversation with one of my friends, who pointed out very nicely that my Facebook page has more pictures of cake than it has of me, I have decided to opt for the healthier lifestyle.

For dinner today I decided to try to make some falafel burgers. I have had had a falafel panini from Starbucks before and really wanted to master making falafel myself (Starbucks is soooo expensive)!


The falafel burgers consisted of chickpea's, red onions, parsley, garlic, ground cumin, coriander, black pepper, green chillies, red chilli powder and salt. As you can probably tell by the ingredient's, the burgers were very flavoursome and there was a definite 'explosion of flavours'. 


After partially blending the ingredients together, I formed the burger shapes. I used 2tsp of sunflower oil (healthy) to fry each side of the burger for 2 minutes to give it a nice crispy texture.


I served the falafel burgers in pitta bread with a green leaf salad and a tomato salsa. They were gorgeous! The spiciness of the burgers really hit the back of your throat, but the cool leaf salad and the tomato salsa cooled it down ever so slightly. The combination of the flavours worked so well together that I will definitely be making these again.

What's your  favourite healthy recipe?


1 comment:

  1. This looks yummy! Thanks for stopping by my blog. following you back! fashionlechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave your floaty thoughts here as you drift through...