About Me

My photo
Drifting through life...

Thursday 26 January 2012

Inspiration

The season of the sun, the sea and the dresses is nearly upon us, and the major influence for my wardrobe has been Zooey Deschanel. I have always been a fan of the quirky actress but her most recent project, New Girl, has made me fall in love with her all over again. Her elegant, chic style and effortless beauty combines together to make her one hell of a fashion icon.

Here are a few pictures that have influenced me the most...



I love how this baby pink dress has been  teamed up with the rustic heart necklace. The contrast between the delicate dress and the harshness of the necklace really pulls the outfit together. 


This metallic gold dress is structured like a typical  1950's prom dress and this is one trend that has survived the turmoil of the fashion world. The trend for the summer is going to be floral prints with dresses nipped in at the waist and I cannot wait till I can invest in one of these dresses; they are so versatile because I will be able to wear them to work, for a picnic in the park or just a lunch date with some of my girlfriends. 


I adore this picture of Zooey! This is another old picture that has passed the test of time and takes my breath away EVERY time. This dress is so simple yet so bewitching at the same time. Lace is not a look that everyone can pull off but if you have the confidence (like Zooey clearly does) you can wear anything. There are already a variety of different lace dresses in stores across the UK so come summer I will definitely be buying one that I can dress up for special occasions and dress down for the day.


I love the playfulness of this picture and how the dress is portrayed. The white dress with the belt nipping in around the waist looks fantastic against the aqua coloured bike. That has always been my favourite colour combination for the summer and I intend to wear it again this summer. This is such a beautiful picture because there is very little going on. There are no accessories; just a flowing white dress, long tumbling hair and a big smile.

Who is your inspiration?

3 comments:

  1. she has such pretty eyes. my inspiration is right now.... i would say from other fellow bloggers. :)

    happy wknd!

    jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  2. She reminds me of Katy Perry. My inspiration for the latest outfit was... Pink Panther :D
    Check it out :D http://violinstyle.blogspot.com/
    If you like it, please follow me via GFC.
    I'll be happy to follow you back. :)
    Greetings,
    Joanna from www.violinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave your floaty thoughts here as you drift through...