About Me

My photo
Drifting through life...

Monday 2 April 2012

The Cupcake Tragedy

The Easter holidays have begun and I have made a promise to myself that I WILL enjoy the first few days before I get bogged down with work. Over the weekend I decided to reconnect with my little cousin who I haven't seen in a few weeks because I have been crazy busy with uni work.

Our favourite past time is baking cupcakes, so I picked her up, brought her to my house, got out our aprons, and got baking! It was such a gorgeous day and the fact that I was spending it with one of my favourite people made it even more spectacular. 

We worked together for a couple of hours baking cakes for her and my family and nattering [as much as you can natter with a 5 year old]. We made the frosting while we waited for our cupcakes to bake, coloured it, flavoured it, and then decided what type of design we would go for. The little one wanted roses so we decided to make flower cupcakes!

This is what they looked like...



We were both incredibly proud of our hard days work and decided to stick her cupcakes in a tin so her mummy and daddy could see what lovely treats she had made for them. 


We walked to her house ever so carefully so as not to mess up the cupcake frosting. 

When we got there, she grabbed the tin excitedly to show her grandparents her cupcakes...and...BOOM!

 The tin fell onto the floor, her face dropped, and her little eyes filled with tears.

We were lucky because the cakes did their little dance with death IN the tin so apart from the frosting being totally destroyed they were still edible...

But it wasn't the same...

Have you had any baking adventures recently?

2 comments:

  1. Aww!! Poor baby..

    The Cup cakes look adorable great job!!
    I wish I could do flower topping like that.

    Ghiz
    xx

    http://chocolateandhormones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The flower icing is relatively easy once you get the hang of it. I would totally recommend you to invest in some piping bags and get your bake on :)

      Thanks for dropping by!

      www.lifeslittlestars.blogspot.com

      Delete

Leave your floaty thoughts here as you drift through...