About Me

My photo
Drifting through life...

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Cupcakes, Celebrations and Challenges...

Hey All!

I cannot believe it has been nearly a month since my last blog post - and boy, what a month it has been! I honestly do not know where to begin. I'll start off by sharing some amazing news with you - I AM FINALLY A QUALIFIED TEACHER! This year has been the most challenging, rewarding, inspirational and amazing year of my entire life. All those sleepless nights, 6am starts and 2am finishes paid off!

It was not an easy journey...


I don't want to dwell into too much detail but this past month I was really pushed to the edge. It is amazing what a university tutor on a power trip can do to your self esteem and confidence. Regardless of what career path you are on or intend to take - please do not let anyone make you doubt yourself or strip you of your confidence. Believing in yourself, having faith, and being resilient is key to succeeding. A strong and positive network of support in the form of friends, family and colleagues really helped me get through this month. Make sure you never struggle on your own! 


After spending the past few months drowned under paperwork and lesson planning I finally had some freedom! To celebrate my good news I decided to plan a road trip to Sheffield to see my homies (yes, homies). You may think that that is no big deal, but I had never driven that far or for that long (100 minutes-ish) before so it was quite nerve wrecking. Friday after school I substituted by nap time for a drive instead (cue alarm bells) and I managed to get there in one piece (woo woo). 

It was one of my cousin's birthday so we all got together and went to a cupcake decorating workshop. It was so much FUN! 

Here are a few pictures of what I did.  





We had such a good time catching up and munching on cakes. I do enjoy my trips to Sheffield. What is your favourite place to go to? Why? 

On the way back we were fortunate enough to have beautiful weather. My sister snapped these photos on my new Samsung S3 (aaaaaahhh) whilst I was doing over 50mph in Buxton. How fricking amazing in the quality of the camera? I literally only got it for the camera! 


This year has been filled with highs and lows.
I have met the most amazing people.
I have been privileged to see some inspiring teachers in action.
I have realised just how strong and weak I can be.
All this has helped me develop myself, my personality and my character.

Now...who wants to give me a job?








3 comments:

  1. Congratulations hun :)

    I've had friends complete their PGCE this year and they've described it in a very simuler way.

    http://beautyaddictsguidetothegalaxy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      Have they managed to find jobs?

      Hope you're okay.

      xxx

      Delete
  2. Thank you :)
    Why are you unreachable?!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your floaty thoughts here as you drift through...